Based on inherent artistic creativity and endeavor, Chan Wing Long won the distinction medal in the jewelcrafting section of WorldSkills Kazan 2019 in August of 2018, after having practical training for merely half year in the back of finishing his jewellery design and craft degree. He won the seventh place among many competitive opponents, which shocked the whole industry.
Chan Wing Long takes jewellery as carrier, to express his rich emotions by using his unique, exquisite and sensitive art taste. He believes the charm of production and the beauty of craftsmanship, creating vital works by hand. As a new inheritor of the industry entering the unknown area and exploring new way, Chan has become one of the popular future stars in jewellery design industry. He is determined to step on the path of becoming a craft master in the industry and hopes to become a jewellery art master.
Awards and experience:
- Top three in WorldSkills Hong Kong Competition 2018
- The first place in the qualification trials of WorldSkills China in Panyu (January, 2019)
- The warmup match of WorldSkills Australia (April, 2019)
- The distinction award (the 7th place) in WorldSkills Kazan 2019 (August, 2019)
- Participated in Jewellery & Gem World Hong Kong in Hong Kong Convention and Exhibition Centre (September, 2019)